About Us

My photo
And so it goes...where are we now? Moving back West. Still busy busy busy, but I am NOT going to fill my plate as full as it was in VA. Ainslee age 6, is in Kindergarten and is super smart. Nolal age 3, is full of energy and love. He makes all who meet him smile. Jeff...working hard and making me happy. Gena almost 30, is looking to find new gyms to kick some turbo butt and is going to open the in home salon soon.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ainslee's First Goal

Fierce fighting #3 hanging back
Can you find her? (hands on head)

By goal I mean soccer goal. Let me start out we are seeing soccer may not be her thing. For example it is not uncommon for her to say, "I don't want to play soccer today, I don't like to sweat." She is always the first to want to get a water break or ride the bench for awhile. Nonetheless it is all for fun and we have told her she has to finish the season and if she doesn't want to play anymore after that, that is fine. Tonight we saw some promise. This time during a game when she happen to run into the ball she actually kicked it instead of just watching it bounce off of her shin guards. In fact she actually kicked a goal. She was so exited about it. And as soon as she kicked it in she looked at the sidelines and don't you worry we were cheering like it was the winning goal of a gold metal Olympic match. (FYI she tends to hang back from the herd of kids as they follow the ball around the field. So the coach dropped her her own ball and she took it in like a champ!) Good enough for us as she was happy and when we got in the car to leave instead of her saying that she doesn't want to play soccer any more she said she never wants to stop so we will see what the future has in store. An Olympic athlete or a professional twirler/dandy lion picker!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hurricane said...

I love to blog hop and I noticed your adorable kids and your awesome blog! I love your layout an cute family photo for your header. So you are not only a mom and a hair stylist and so forth, you must be a blog expert too! I love everything on the other side of the blog! Your welcome to check out my blog if you want.

It's jill03 dot blogspot dot com